SASCED-P = 09120103 SASCED-L = 746
يقدم برنامج بكالوريوس الطب و الجراحة تجربة تعليمية جامعية متميزة تساعد طلاب الطب أثناء دراستهم الجامعية، مع التدريب بعد التخرج، وإجراء المزيد من الدراسات التخصصيّة.
كما يتوفر لطلاب الكلية وأصحاب المصلحة الآخرين معلومات مفصلة عن مواصفات البرنامج، والمواد التي يتعين اكمالها كل عام أو فصل دراسي .
وللحصول على درجة البكالوريوس يجب على الطالب انهاء مدة الدراسة و التي تشمل ست سنوات دراسية بالاضافة الى سنة التدريب (سنة الامتياز)، يتألف البرنامج من أربع مراحل، وينطبق ذلك على النهج الموضوعي متعدد التخصصات، ودمج العلوم الطبية الحيوية والسريرية مع التجربة المبتكرة السريرية، ومهارات الاتصال، والتدريب السريري (في المستشفيات وغيرها من مرافق الرعاية الصحية الأولية.) وتوفير بيئة التعلم والمرافق المناسبة مع المرونة في الزمان والمكان، وأسلوب التعلم وفقا للمعايير الصحية الدولية.
ويتمحور البرنامج كمنهج متكامل وفقا للإطار القائم على الكفاءة السعودية. (TBL) ، وعلى التعلم القائم على حل المشاكل (PBL)، ودورات تعليمية،وكذلك عروض الطلاب، والتعلم في مجموعات صغيرة تدعمها الخبرة السريرية المناسبة.
يعزز البرنامج ثقافة العمل الجماعي، والتعاون، والتفكير النقدي، والتحقيق العلمي، والتعلم مدى الحياة، وإدارة الوقت، وتقديم الخدمات، ويتم تبني هذه العناصر من قبل طلاب الطب، و التي تعد أركانا هامة لتقديم الرعاية الفعالة في الممارسة الطبية. كما يحث الطالب على تقديم التقييمات في مراحل مختلفة من البرنامج، والتي صمّمت لتحقيق الإنجازات والتنمية بدلا من مكافأة التعلم السطحي القصير الأجل.
MBBS Program Vision
To be the leading medical program in Saudi Arabia that fosters innovation in achieving educational and training excellence”.
MBBS Program Mission
“To graduate competent, compassionate and long-life learner physicians according to the national and international professional and educational standards providing medical care, scientific research and community engagement within the framework of Islamic beliefs and values.”
The Graduate Aattributes of the MBBS program
- Safe healthcare practitioners
- Communicator and collaborator
- Health promotor
- Creative and Innovative.
MBBS graduate attributes
The measurable objectives of the MBBS program at FCMS are summarized as follows:
الخطة الدراسية لبرنامج الطب البشري و الجراحة
يعتمد البرنامج نظاما سنويا متكاملا أفقيا وعموديا مع التناوب في الطب السريري والتحضير للممارسة
ويتكون البرنامج من العناصر التالية
هذا المقرر يشتملُ على المهارات اللغوية الأساسية: الاستماع، والتحدث، والقراءة، والكتابة، والمعتمدة في تطبيقها على نصوص متعددة، تمثِّلُ المجالات الأساسية التالية: أصوات اللغة ونحوها وصرفها ودلالاتها.
كما أنه يركز على الأهمية الدينية واللغوية والقومية والأدبية والثقافية لتعلُّم اللغة العربية، وأضاف إليها التذوق اللغوي البلاغي لجماليات النصوص المختارة من القرآن الكريم والحديث النبوي الشريف والشعر العربي والمقطوعات النثرية، التي تمثِّلُ أرقى النصوص اللغوية العربية في ألفاظها وتراكيبها وأساليبها ومضامينها.
This course is a comprehension of the statistical methods that most often used to analyze quantitative data collected in medical and biomedical informatics studies, including clinical trials, epidemiologic studies, studies of the accuracy and performance of screening and diagnostic tests and predictive model studies.
In this course, students learn foundational communication skills that they continue to build on throughout their six years of medical school. Students will develop basic interviewing skills and will gain an understanding of the importance of effective doctor-patient communication, conflict resolution and how to deal with difficult types of patients. In addition, this course includes an introduction to Patient-Centered Interviewing with a focus on how to open the interview, establish rapport with patients, and elicit and respond to patient emotions. Students will learn about specific factors that influence the doctor-patient relationship including physician self-care, different models of constructive feedback and also how to write their reflections. Students will interview hospitalized patients through role plays.
IT skills course focuses on the fundamentals of various computer applications that are crucial for medical students in building their computer knowledge tools (theoretical and practical skills) that will enable them to continue their six years study.
English Language 1 course focuses on the fundamentals of the language and includes basics of English language grammar, reading skills and vocabulary. It also focuses on situational conversation, listening and presentation skills.
هذا المقرر يشتمل على ثلاثة أقسام رئيسة، وهو: الثقافة الإسلامية بمصادرها، وأهميتها، وعلاقتها بالثقافات الأخرى، والعقيدة الإسلامية بأركانها، وخصائصها، وآثارها، وقضاياها الجوهرية، والعبادة بعناصرها، ودوافعها، وشروطها، وخصائصها، والمفاهيم والممارسات الخاطئة فيها. ويركز المقرر على تعزيز القيم الإسلامية في نفوس الطلاب؛ لبناء ذواتهم وشخصياتهم القوية؛ ليكونوا لَبِناتٍ صالحة في مدماك مجتمهم وأمتهم الإسلامية.
يعدُّ هذا المقرر مهنيا واحترافيا للطالب الجامعي في الميادين اللغوية، حيث إنه يجمع بين النظرية والتطبيق، فيتناول الجوانب المتعلقة بالتحرير الكتابي، ثمَّ يعزِّزُها بتدريب الطلبة على الكتابة الصحيحة، والتعبير السليم، وتجنُّب الأخطاء الكتابية الشائعة، ويركِّزُ المقرر على تقديم نماذج تطبيقية، وتدريبات عملية، يمكن من خلالها قياس مدى التحصيل العلمي، واكتساب المهارات التحريرية.
The course is designed as an introduction to biology in the preparatory year. It is concerned with the basic concepts in biology, cellular organelles and their function, the construction and function of carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins. It also includes, anatomy and physiology of major organ systems such as digestive, nervous, respiratory, endocrine, musculoskeletal and reproductive systems in addition to the special senses (eye, ear, taste and smell).
This course discusses the fundamental principles of general chemistry, basic for understanding of the health-related sciences. Also, principles of atomic structure, periodicity, chemical bonding and solutions will be discussed. Additionally, fundamentals of organic nomenclature and overview about the properties of proteins, carbohydrates and lipids will be covered.
English Language II course focuses on general vocabulary presented in texts and the basic skills for writing and reading comprehensible passages and reports based on selected materials. It deals with comprehension of spoken language and the ability to recognize and accurately interpret target vocabulary presented in a variety of aural contexts.
The Medical terminology course focuses on the organization of the body, suffixes, prefixes, medical specialists and case reports. Also, the meanings, spellings, and pronunciation will be covered throughout the course. It includes medical terms using common combining forms, suffixes, and prefixes; naming different body systems and their functions; analysis and spelling of medical terms related to organs and tissues of the body; and recognition of the meaning of various pathological terms, laboratory tests, and commonly performed procedures.
This course focuses on the basic principles of physics affecting on the human body such as;
- Physical quantities and dimensional analysis.
- Thermal properties of matter.
- Introduction to bioelectricity.
- Properties of Fluids.
- Pressure (Properties of Matter).
- Waves, sound and hearing.
- Optics (Light and Color).
- Radiation and health.
This course addresses mainly Theme III- Scientific basis of clinical practice as it covers introduction to the gross anatomy, general embryology, the different fields of medical genetics such as mutations, chromosomes, patterns of inheritance, population genetics, metabolism of the macromolecules; carbohydrates, lipids, proteins and nucleic acids and normal structure of cell, tissues and organs at the microscopic level.
The course covers Theme IV- Evidence based medicine and clinical practice as it focuses on laboratory experience involving dissection of human cadavers and study of the plastinated specimens and anatomical models and the methods of studying histology. It also addresses theme II (Health Promotion and Preventive Care Clinical Skills) as it focuses on the prevention, early detection, and management of genetic disorders, in addition to cytogenetic techniques and different molecular tools used for diagnosis of genetic diseases. In addition, it is covering Theme I: Personal and Professional Development throughout effectiveness in dealing with patients and colleagues in different settings.
This course addresses mainly Theme III- Scientific basis of clinical practice as it covers the components of a research framework i.e., problem definition, research design, data collection, ethical issues in research, report writing, and presentation. It also addresses Theme IV- Evidence based medicine and clinical practice as the students will apply many of the methodologies discussed in this course. In addition to covering Theme I - Personal and professional development as it focuses on the principles of research ethics.
This course aims to introduce medical students to clinical skills, and to expose them to simulated and real patient contact early in the curriculum in their second year in MBBS program. It emphasizes on the relevance and application of knowledge learned from the Basic Medical Sciences domains. This course also aims to expose the medical students to the concepts of patient safety and related competencies. In addition, expand their knowledge regarding patient safety from the beginning of their medical study. At the end of this course, the students will be prepared to practice patient safety skills and behaviors as soon as they enter a hospital, clinic or patient’s home.
هذا المقرر يشتمل على مصادر التشريع الإسلامي الأربعة، وهي: القرآن، والسنة، والإجماع، والقياس، ويبرز حاجة الإنسان لهذا التشريع في كل زمان ومكان.
كما يركز على أهمية إلمام الطالب بوسائل التشريع الإسلامي في بيان الحكم الشرعي في القضايا المستجدة في العصر الحديث بوجه عام، والقضايا الطبية على وجه الخصوص، ويوضح خصيصة الاجتهاد الجماعي، ودور المجامع الفقهية في استنباط الأحكام الشرعية.
ويبين منهج الإسلام في بناء الأسرة، والمحافظة عليها، وكيفية التعامل مع الخلافات الزوجية، وقضايا الأسرة المعاصرة، ويركز على مقومات وخصائص المجتمع الإسلامي، وأبرز المشكلات الاجتماعية، وكيفية حلها.
The foundation of Medicine B Block addresses mainly Theme III (Scientific Basis of Clinical Practice) as it covers the causes and mechanisms of different diseases with the structural and functional changes that occur in these diseases. It also focuses on the selected group of medically important bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites with emphasis on their transmission, pathogenesis, their clinical presentation, prevention strategies and correlation between their laboratory tests findings and clinical manifestations of various infectious diseases. In addition to covering the basic principles of pharmacology, the pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, therapeutic indications, adverse effects, the therapeutic indications, contra indications, toxic effects and drug-drug interactions of commonly used drugs in clinical practice. Furthermore, the course addresses Theme IV (Evidence based Medicine and Clinical Skills) as it forms the basis for clinical medicine. It also serves as a forum for students to debate the merits of these issues and controversies. The course covers also Theme II (Health Promotion and Preventive Care) as it contributes in the development of a framework for considering realistic and innovative science and solutions to these clinically encountered problems and their preventive strategies including immunization. The course uses a combination of lectures, discussions and student presentations to encourage broad participation. Students will be asked to summarize, and critique assigned readings, and to bring information from their own reading to class discussion and through that it addresses Theme I (Personal and Professional Development).
The Musculoskeletal module addresses mainly Theme III (Scientific Basis of Clinical Practice) as it covers the causes and mechanisms of different diseases with the structural and functional changes that occur in these diseases. Furthermore, this module addresses Theme IV (Evidence based Medicine and Clinical Skills) as it forms the basis for clinical years. This module covers also Theme II (Health Promotion and Preventive Care). Theme I (Personal and Professional Development) will be addressed through summarizing, and critique assigned readings, reflecting and to bring information from their own reading to class discussion.
This module addresses mainly Theme III (Scientific Basis of Clinical Practice) as it covers the causes and mechanisms of different diseases with the structural and functional changes that occur in these diseases. Furthermore, the course addresses Theme IV (Evidence based Medicine and Clinical Skills) as it forms the basis for clinical years. This course also covers Theme II (Health Promotion and Preventive Care) as it introduces some epidemiological principles of disease related to Blood, Respiratory and Cardiovascular Diseases. Theme I (Personal and Professional Development) will be addressed through summarizing, and critique assigned readings, reflecting and to bring information from their own reading to class discussion.
This module addresses mainly Theme III- Scientific basis of clinical practice as it covers the major organs of the endocrine system, the hormonal secretions they produce, and their physiological effects on the body. Pathology of endocrine and genital organs are addressed and correlated with some the clinical cases. It also addresses Theme IV- Evidence based medicine and clinical practice and Theme II – Health Promotion and Preventive Care as the students apply all the basic knowledge of investigations and therapeutic modalities for the major endocrine and reproductive health problems. The module also outlines the epidemiology and prevention of these health problems. In addition to covering Theme I - Personal and professional development as it is delivered through blended approach.
This module addresses mainly Theme III- Scientific basis of clinical practice as it covers the histological and anatomical basis of major organs of the Gastrointestinal system. Pathology of Gastrointestinal system are addressed and correlated with some the clinical cases. It also addresses Theme IV- Evidence based medicine and clinical practice and Theme II – Health Promotion and Preventive Care as the students apply all the basic knowledge of the basis of investigations and therapeutic modalities for the major Gastrointestinal system health problems. The module also outlines the epidemiology and prevention of these health problems. In addition to covering Theme I - Personal and professional development as it is delivered through blended approach.
This module addresses mainly Theme III (Scientific Basis of Clinical Practice) as it covers the causes and mechanisms of different diseases with the structural and functional changes that occur in these diseases. Furthermore, the module addresses Theme IV (Evidence based Medicine and Clinical Skills) as it forms the basis for clinical years. The module also covers Theme II (Health Promotion and Preventive Care) as it introduces some topics about patient education and conducting health education regarding Urinary Tract Infection. Theme I (Personal and Professional Development) will be addressed through summarizing, and critique assigned readings, reflecting and to bring information from their own reading to class discussion.
This module addresses mainly Theme III (Scientific Basis of Clinical Practice) as it covers the causes and mechanisms of different diseases with the structural and functional changes that occur in these diseases. Furthermore, the module addresses Theme IV (Evidence based Medicine and Clinical Skills) as it forms the basis for clinical years. The module also covers Theme II (Health Promotion and Preventive Care) as it introduces some topics about drug abuse and addiction. Theme I (Personal and Professional Development) will be addressed through summarizing, and critique assigned readings, reflecting and to bring information from their own reading to class discussion.
This course covers different topics such as; basic concepts of communication in health care, patient safety responsibilities of caregivers, health care in different life stages, ethical and legal issues in health care, and basic concepts and techniques for managing and maintaining medical health records.
In addition, it covers the following clinical topics:
- Introduction to common symptoms and signs in clinical medicine.
- General assessment of the patient that includes patient interview and history taking, studying of important points in physical examination ( e.g. the assessment of vital signs, assessment of nutritional status of the patient, examination of the head and neck, cardiac and lung examination, abdominal examination, examination of the extremities, and neurological examination).
This course illustrates the basics principles of otolaryngology and ophthalmology. It focuses mainly on:
- Anatomy, physiology, and disorders related to otolaryngology.
- Sleep disorder breathing.
- Pediatric ENT problems &ward care.
- Investigations in ENT
- Common drugs used in ENT.
- Practical procedures and operations.
- ENT emergencies.
- Anatomy, physiology, and embryology of the eye.
- Different eye medications.
- Ophthalmic examination.
- Different parts of the eye and their diseases and their management.
- Ocular disorders associated with systemic diseases.
- Immunologic diseases of the eye and genetic bases of ophthalmic disorders.
- Squint and neurophthalmic disorders.
- Preventive ophthalmology, low vision and blindness.
- Optics and lasers techniques in ophthalmology
This course includes the principles of medical, scientific and technical evidence-gathering and the presentation of such evidence in the courts of law. It also focuses on both the scope and the limitations of medical and scientific investigation in assisting the courts. In addition to the procedures used in death investigation, the role of the Attorney General and the rules governing fatal accident inquiries.
This course includes:
- Determination of study design.
- Evaluation of methods.
- Appropriate use and interpretation of biostatistics.
- Applicability to a given patient’s problem.
- التعريف بالمنهج الإسلامي للحياة الاقتصادية في علاقة الإنسان بالمال جمعا وإنفاقا ، وعلاقة المجتمع المالية بعضهم مع بعض توزيعا وتداولا .
- بيان القواعد والأحكام الشرعية التي تضبط الحياة الاقتصادية والمعاملات المالية .
- بيان شمولية الإسلام وكماله من حيث عنايته بالأمور الاقتصادية في شتى المجالات ، ومدى فاعليته في إيجاد الحلول المناسبة لها .
- بيان أهمية الرجوع إلى مصادر النظام الاقتصادي الإسلامي ؛ باعتبارها المرجعية العليا لكل ما يستجد في ساحة الحياة الاقتصادية .
- بيان مدى قصور الأنظمة الاقتصادية الوضعية ، وعدم فاعليتها في حل المشاكل الاقتصادية وتقلباتها ، مقارنة بأسس النظام الاقتصادي الإسلامي وخصائصه .
The course covers the following:
- Introduction to public health and community medicine.
- Public health care management and administration role.
- Health education program.
- Communicable non communicable diseases of public health concern.
- The relation between nutrition and health.
- Maternal, child, adolescent and elderly health issues.
- Health issues of people with special needs.
- Mental health.
- Environmental and occupational health.
- Descriptive and analytic epidemiology.
- Displaying Public Health Data.
The course covers the following:
- Human behavior in health and disease.
- Mind-body relationship.
- Classical conditioning, operant conditioning, and behavior modification.
- Personality theory, defense mechanisms, and types of personality.
- Abnormal psychology.
- Different treatment modalities for abnormal behaviors.
The course covers the following:
- Renal function tests.
- Liver function tests.
- Endocrine functions tests.
- Biochemical cardiac markers.
- Tumor markers.
- Electrolytes and arterial blood gases.
- Urinalysis, body fluid tests, and stool examination
- CBC, laboratory tests in anemia, blood grouping, tests in bleeding disorders.
- Laboratory tests in hematological malignancies.
- Overview of microbiological testing, immunodiagnostic tests, and molecular diagnostic tests.
This course focuses on the normal radiological examination. It also includes the differences between these normal findings and the abnormal findings in the radiological studies.
This course includes:
- EBM and the description of the steps of the practice of EBM.
- The different purposes for searching the scientific biomedical literature.
- Issues arising in patient care as correct clinical questions (PICO questions).
- Clinical evidence using the most appropriate terms and other tools (filters, operators, and clinical queries) in databases available through the Internet, in accordance with the type of evidence of interest (PubMed, Cochrane Library, National Guideline Clearinghouse).
This course includes:
- History and physical examination.
- Clinical skills and knowledge about different systematic medical problems.
- The manifestations of the common medical problems and important diseases encountered in the practice of Internal Medicine.
- The diagnostic and therapeutic approach to these conditions, the prevention of the diseases and prevention of the complications of the diseases.
- The principles of patient clerking.
The course focuses on clinical presentations, etiopathogenesis and management of common skin diseases.
This course focuses on:
- The etiology, classification, presentation, management and prevention of various psychiatric disorders.
- Abnormal human behavior.
- Common psychiatric disorders.
- Psychosocial and biological interactions in etiology.
- Symptoms and signs of mental disorders.
- The etiology.
- Differential diagnostic possibilities.
- Analysis of various data collected to reach the right diagnosis.
- Various modalities to treatment options used in psychiatry.
- Management of the patient's mental state and present a formulation.
This course focuses on:
- Psychological aspects of travel.
- Travel vaccines.
- Different types of travelers as pediatric and pregnant travelers.
- High altitude, diving medicine.
- Dealing with snake bites.
This course focuses mainly on:
- Newborn cases, resuscitation, and nutrition and immunizations
- Growth cases, fluid replacement, poisonings, and accidents.
- Genetic disorders and infectious diseases.
- Different systems diseases.
- Cardiovascular, gastroenterology, renal and rheumatology diseases.
- Endocrine, hematology, oncology and neurology diseases.
This course focuses on a range of topics that come under the general heading of pediatrics. This course includes:
- Neurology and Orthopedics & Rheumatology.
- Child abuse and Adolescence.
- Respiratory and Allergies.
- Infectious Diseases.
This course focuses on the principles and range of topics that come under the general heading of surgery. It includes:
- Initial survey.
- Trauma of different parts of the body.
- Different types of burns.
- Management of trauma cases.
This course examines some of the ethical issues faced by medical professionals, various ethical decisions we make as a society that affect medical practice, and the fundamental moral principles and ethical values that underlie our view of the place of medical practices in our lives.
It includes case studies designed to develop ways of understanding of physician-patient relationship, death and dying, obtaining organs and tissue for transplantation, patient competence, assisted suicide and euthanasia, abortion, reproductive technologies, genetic testing and engineering, stem cell research and cloning, experiments on humans, rationing health care, and justice and public health.
It includes arrange of topics that come under the general heading of abdominal surgery. This course focuses on:
- Pre and post-operative assessment.
- Different diseases of gastrointestinal tract and abdominal wall.
- Electrolyte disturbances.
The course covers the following:
- Menstrual cycle, family planning, pelvic pain and pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Endometriosis, vulvovaginitis, dysfunctional uterine bleeding and sexual abuse.
- Sexually transmitted diseases and myomata uteri.
- Female urinary incontinence, infertile couple, amenorrhea and hirsutism.
- Menopause and pelvic malignancies.
The course covers the following:
- Common presenting problems, health screening.
- Diseases for different ages.
- Different system disorders.
- Therapeutic choices.
The course covers the following:
- Types of Anesthesia and Critical Care.
- Drugs used in Anesthesia and Critical Care.
- Preoperative assessment and preparation for Anesthesia and Critical Care.
- Preparation of general Anesthesia and Critical Care and its complications.
- Cardiovascular, respiratory, and neurological monitoring.
- Regional Anesthesia and Critical Care.
- Acute pain.
The course is a theoretical study of basic infection control and prevention measures; through the study of general precautions to prevent transmission of infectious pathogens among health care facilities with study of some important measures for prevention of procedure/device related infections.
It includes the study of the application of hand hygiene measures, personal protective equipment, injection safety, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette, cleaning, disinfection and sterilization of medical equipment, environmental cleaning and control, and medical waste management.
It covers also the transmission-based precautions, prevention of respiratory care devices associated infections, prevention of ventilator associated pneumonia, prevention of intravascular device related infections, and prevention of urinary catheter related infections.
The course focuses on a range of topics that come under the general heading of obstetrics. It includes:
- Endocrinology of pregnancy, the peurperium, lactation and antepartum care.
- labor, intrapartum fetal monitoring and prolonged pregnancy.
- Medical complications of pregnancy and hypertension of pregnancy.
- Fetal physiology, premature labor, prenatal diagnosis and obstetrical ultrasound.
- Antepartum bleeding and ectopic pregnancy
This course includes the following:
- Pediatric surgeries and neurosurgeries.
- Cardiothoracic and vascular surgeries.
- Orthopedic surgeries for adults and children.
The course consists of the principles and range of topics that come under the general heading of Emergency Medicine and Accidents. It includes:
- Basic and advanced cardiac life support.
- Medical and pediatric emergencies.
- Traumatic emergencies and deal with them.
- Environmental emergencies.
- Emergency medical services and disaster medicine.
The course consists of the principles and range of topics that come under the general heading of Management in Healthcare Organizations. These topics include:
- Orally and written communication.
- Ethical standards of integrity, honesty, and fairness as a healthcare manager and professional.
- Healthcare-related documentation, equipment, and supplies necessary for conducting efficient, safe, cost-effective, and hygienic healthcare operations.
- Scientific and healthcare practices and procedures by complying with and adhering to national, state, and local standards, policies, protocols, and regulations.
This course covers the following:
The project management process, scope a project, plan a project, launch a project, monitor and control a project, close a project and project management life cycle.
وينقسم البرنامج إلى أربع مراحل
شروط القبول للبرنامج
التحويل من جامعة / كلية الى كلية فقيه للعلوم الطبية
يمكن للطلاب التحويل من برنامج إلى برنامج آخر داخل الكلية وبالتالي تغيير تخصصهم. ويتم إجراء النقل داخل نظام إدارة السجلات المالية وفقا للشروط التالية