|Faculty Staff Member|
|Name:||Dr. Nisreen Mansour Omar|
PhD in physiology; Medical School, Birmingham University, UK.
Demonstrator in the Department of physiology, faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, from 1990 to 1995.
Assistant Lecturer in the department of physiology, faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University from Feb. 1996 to September 2000.
PhD student in the department of physiology (Prof. Janice Marshall cardiovascular group), The Medical School, Birmingham University: from October 2000 to August 2004.
Lecturer of Medical Physiology, from 2006 till 2012, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University.
Assistant Prof. of Medical Physiology, from 2012 till now, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University.
A visitor lecturer in AL Fateh Medical School, Triboli, Libya, 3 times in 2008 & 2009, each for one month.
The chief tutor (the lead) of Semester 3 in Mansoura Manchester programme for medical education for the last 10 years, responsible for the detailed management and leadership of all activities throughout the 12 week run semester. Also, one of the members of the exam. Committee running the semester mid and final exams.
The head of control committee responsible for managing the marking process and announcement of final results of year 5 in Mansoura Manchester programme for medical education (semesters 9 & 10)
• Mohammed R. Rabei, Hanaa A. Abd-Elmoniem, Mohammed E. Sarhan, Nisreen M. Abo-Elmaaty Omar, Lashin S. Ali (2017). Possible Protective Role of Erythropoietin in Diabetic Cardiomyopathy in Rats. Bull. Egypt. Soc. Physiol. Sci. 37(2),80-97.
• Lucy Abd El Mabood Suliman , Nesreen Elsayed Morsy , Ahmed Hassan El-Sebaie, Nisreen M. Abo-Emaaty Omar, Amal Fathy (2017). Modelling obstructive sleep apnea susceptibility using non-invasive inflammatory biomarkers. Egyptian Journal of Chest Diseases and Tuberculosis 66; 657–661.
• Mosaad YM, Mostafa M, Elwasify M, Youssef HM and Omar NM (2017). Vitamin D and Immune System. Vitam Miner 6: 151 (Review article).
• Emile F Metias, Nisreen M Aboelmaaty, Abdelaziz M Hussein, Eman W Abdallah and Azza Abdelaziz (2016). Effects of ascorbic acid and ferulic acid on ECG, myocardial oxidative stress and connexin 43 expression in isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarction in rats. Biochem Physiol 2016, 5:4.
• Nisreen Mansour Abo-elmaaty Omar, Amany Atwa, Dalia Saleh (2015). Impact of chronic stress and exercise on inflammatory and oxidative stress biomarkers, and apoptotic genes in rats fed high fat diet. International Journal of Advanced Research (2015), Volume 3, Issue 12, 39 – 58.
• Nisreen Mansour Abo-elmaaty Omar (2014). Effect of Chronic hypoxia on Carotid vascular responses to noradrenaline in rats. J. Afr. Ass. Physiol. Sci. 2 (1): 27 – 35
• Nisreen M. Omar, A.M Abbas, Hala Abdel Malek & Ghada M. Suddek (2013). : Effect of age on the contractile response of the rat carotid artery in the presence of sympathetic drugs and L-NAME. ACTA PHYSIOLOGICA HUNGARICA 100(3):266-79
• Nisreen M. Omar, Abdelaziz M. Hussein, Hala Abdel Malek, Mohamed Ahdy A. A. Saad and Dalia M. Saleh (2012). Influence of age on pain sensitivity in response to paw pressure and formalin injection in rats: A role of nitric oxide. Gen. Physiol. Biophys.
• Nisreen M. Omar, Amany Atwa, Dalia Saleh (2011). Effect of Peripubertal Chronic Stress on Expression of Hypothalamic Kiss-1 mRNA and Histolo- pathological changes of the reproductive tract in female rat. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.4485.6082 2016-03-07 T 22:49:19 UTC
• Nisreen M Omar et al. (2011). Modulation of metabolic and cardiac dysfunction by insulin sensitizer and angiotensin receptor blocker in rat model of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Can J Physiol Pharmacol.
• Nisreen M Omar & Marshall JM (2010). Age-related changes in carotid vascular responses to adenosine and nitric oxide in the rat: in vitro and in vivo studies. J Appl Physiol, 109 (2):305-13
• Nisreen M Omar & Marshall JM (2010). Age-related changes in sympathetic innervation of cerebral vessels and in carotid vascular responses to norepinephrine: in vitro and in vivo studies. J Appl Physiol.109 (2): 314-22.