Reports to: Head of Department
Liaises with: Other assistants, faculty members and administrators as needed
Job Description Summary:
Purpose: Responsible for carrying out assigned curriculum /course activities, resourced conduct and handling all types of teaching work in accordance with the College rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designs and be responsible for the content of specific areas of teaching and learning within the program.
- Co-operates with colleagues in the continuous review and development of the curriculum.
- Gives lectures, seminars, tutorials and other classes as appropriate in support of the required teaching obligations.
- Supervises student’s assignments and project work.
- Provides support for students on fieldwork or clinical training, as required.
- Ensures that student feedback on teaching is sought through questionnaires and other sources, and to respond constructively to such feedback.
- Undertakes specific departmental roles and management functions as required by the authorities.
- Attends departmental meetings and to participate in other committees and working groups.
- Makes a full active research contribution, both individually and in collaboration with others, with the highest possible rating in the Research Excellence.
- Attends and present research findings and papers at academic and professional conferences, and to contribute to the name of the College.
- Supports and complies with the College and departmental teaching Quality and Accreditation Unit standards and procedure including the provision of information as required by the College.
- Develops and apply appropriate teaching techniques and materials which create interests among the students.
- Supervises undergraduate and post-graduate student projects and dissertation.
- Reviews and select textbooks and other instructional materials that facilitate learning.
- Completes teaching load as per academic regulations.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibility and requirements of the job.
Education: Doctorate degree in the specialty (PhD) From recognized University /College / or equivalent.
Experience: 0-1 years of experience
Language: Bilingual ( Arabic and English )
Required Licenses/Registrations: Ministry of Education
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to adapt in a challenging environment
- Time management skills
- Computer skills
- Organization skills
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
Quality Improvement is the responsibility of every FCMS staff member
- Responsible for the quality improvement related to the program and works in coordination with the Quality and Accreditation Unit of the college
- Responsible for the safety issues related to his / her job
- Responsible for the confidentiality of information that they have access to or came across during their work at FCMS
- Responsible for complying with the FCMS code of conduct and the students rights standards